April 3, 2020
Dear Greater Toronto Area Hotels:
As you may know, over the past few weeks, hotels have been asked to consider providing support to the Provincial Government as the impact of the pandemic is managed within Ontario. In the event that certain hotels are mobilized to provide assistance, the Government has now paved the way by providing authority for this to occur.
I am attaching for your information, three documents:
- A Cover Memorandum from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care regarding the use of Hotels and Retirement Homes;
- A Letter from the Assistant Deputy Ministry providing authority for the use of Hotels and Retirement Homes; and
- A Guidance Document from the Ministry or Health and Long Term Care NOTE: Section 1 of the Guidance Document is applicable to our hotel members, along with a series of Q’s and A’s that provide further support. Please read this document prior to forwarding your contact information.
The Government has committed to work through a group of Associations for coordinating this effort. The GTHA is one of those Associations and is supporting hospitals in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham and Vaughan consistent with our membership area.
After you’ve had an opportunity to review the Government documents, and should you wish to provide assistance, I would ask you to provide the following information to the GTHA attention Bonnie Medensky at email@example.com:
- Name and address of your hotel(s)
- Key contact person, with applicable email and telephone, to be furnished upon request to the hospital(s).
The Association role is one of facilitation only. Your hotel will be working directly with the hospitals on the details. Please note that the Government approval extends to non-member hotels as well
I would be happy to answer any additional questions you might have.
President & CEO
Greater Toronto Hotel Association