Provincial Guidelines for Hotels:
- Meeting & Event Facilities
- Organized Public Events, Social Gatherings, Religious Services, Rites and Ceremonies
- Events & Gatherings
- Weddings, Funerals and other Religious Services, Rites or Ceremonies
- Bars & Restaurants
- Pools, Spas & Recreational Water
City of Mississauga Guidelines for Hotels:
BARS & RESTAURANTS:
- Indoor and outdoordining is not allowed (except in hospitals and airports).
- Take-out, drive through, and delivery are permitted.
- Alcohol can be sold between only 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. through take-out, drive through or delivery.
- When lining up and/or entering a facility to pick up a take-out order, customers must wear a mask and stay 2 metres/6 feet away from other people not in their household.
- A written safety plan is required outlining measures and controls put into place to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Employees must wear masks whenever they cannot maintain physical distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet from other people.
December 09, 2020: Ontario Permanently Allowing Alcohol with Food Takeout and Delivery
MEETING & EVENT FACILITIES:
- No indoor gatherings are allowed, except with the people you live with. If you live alone or are a single parent, you may consider having exclusive, close contact with another household.
- Limit of 5 people for outdoor organized public events and social gatherings, with physical distancing
Organizers of private gatherings that exceed these limits can receive a minimum fine of $10,000 and a temporary closure order. Individuals can also receive tickets of $750.
Weddings, funerals and other religious services, rites or ceremonies
- Limit is 10 people indoors or 10 people outdoors with physical distancing
- Virtual and drive-in gatherings, events services, rites or ceremonies are allowed
POOLS, SPAS AND RECREATIONAL WATER:
- All indoor public pools are closed including recreational water facilities in hotels, motels, campgrounds, golf courses, marinas and resorts.
- Pools in condo buildings can remain open for residents from the same household.
SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES:
For Government support such as grants, loans, credits and other government programs please visit our Government Support for Businesses page here.
REOPENING THE CITY OF MISSISSAUGA:
February 19, 2021: Stay-at-Home Order Extended in Toronto and Peel Public Health Regions Along with North Bay-Parry Sound (York Region to Return to Strengthened COVID-19 Response Framework)
December 21, 2020: Ontario Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19. Effective as of Saturday, December 26, 2020, at 12:01 a.m.
Provincewide Shutdown PDF. The information contained in this document is intended to communicate a summary of information about measures proposed to come into effect in Ontario or in areas of Ontario at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, December 26.
September 16, 2020: Mandatory Face Covering By-law extended until January 20, 2021
July 08, 2020: The Mandatory Face Covering By-law in all enclosed public places comes into effect on July 10, 2020. By-Law is available here in PDF. Read more FAQ’s for this new By-Law here. For more information on what businesses need to know, enforcement and exceptions please click here.