Submitted by Karen De Santana on
On September 23, 2020, her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, delivered the Speech from the Throne providing good news for our industry.
Highlights for the hotel sector include:
- - Financial support for businesses closed by public health order
- - CEWS program extension until summer 2021
- - CERB program transition to Employment Insurance system to continue to support those laid off due to COVID-19.
- - Expanded Business Credit Availability and further support for specific hardest hit sectors such as travel, tourism and cultural industries.
- - Support for the aviation sector
- - Creation of 1 million jobs
Read the Speech from the Throne here