We understand that running a hotel involves many aspects of business – finance, human resources, operations, regulatory issues just to name a few – so our association is about what we do behind the scenes for you and how we can help you make your establishment run smoother and be more cost-effective.
Membership benefits at a glance:
Did you know?
GTHA continues to work on:
| As a member you also receive:
WSIB premium rate reductions started January 2017!
• The GTHA successfully obtained WSIB reductions that will save you money starting in 2017.
• 13.2% reduction for Rate Group 921: Hotels & Motels
• 8.1% reduction for Rate Group 919: Restaurants & Catering
• Further reductions are being considered for 2018-2019. More information here.
Your annual membership dues pay for themselves with these reductions!!
A monthly $100,000 payroll at a 13.2% reduction saves you $410 monthly. More than the average annual GTHA membership fee of $370.
Protecting Employees’ Tips Act
The GTHA was instrumental in the decision by government to recognize:
• The continuation of tip pooling among employees,
• Employers’ authority to recover costs associated with merchant fees from the gratuity component of the bill
• Industry practices as they relate to banquets. More information here.
Illegal Hotel Rooms and the impact it has on your business
• Representing members to level the playing field for hotels and illegal hotel rooms.
• Illegal hotel rooms currently do not pay taxes & licensing fees or meet all the rules & regulations that hotels are required to meet. More information here.
Opposition to proposed Hotel/ Lodging Tax
• Any addition of a new hotel/ lodging tax will reduce investment and reinvestment in the hotel industry, create job loss and a competitive disadvantage for the hotel community. More information here.
Changing Workplaces Review
Representing its members’ interests on:
• Labour Relations Act review.
• Employment Standards Act review.
More information here.
• Hotel listing in the GTHA Hotel Directory.
• Monthly GTA Regional Hotel Data Summary
• Subscription to the GTHA bi-weekly
e-newsletter “The Register”.
• Complimentary subscription to the WHERE
magazine and visitor maps.
• Complimentary subscription to the annual
Toronto Magazine (RTO5 members only)
• Discounts through the GTHA Supplier Partners.
• Membership with Ontario Restaurant Hotel &
Motel Association (ORHMA) at no extra cost.
EVENTS, EDUCATION SEMINARS &
TRAINING MATERIALS ON:
• Human Trafficking
• Illegal Hotel rooms
• Hotel Performance Outlook Seminar
• Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
• Spirit Awards- annual event
• Golf Tournament- annual event
For upcoming GTHA Events click here.
Membership is for your hotel
and ALL staff members!
Interested in joining? If you represent a hotel property in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Markham, Richmond Hill or Vaughan, please request an application by calling us at 416-351-1276.